Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue January 8, 2013
New Chiefs Coach Introduced To KC
The Kansas City Chiefs introduced Andy Reid yesterday as the new head coach. Reid has hit the ground running since he arrived in Kansas City.
The announcement came Friday that Andy Reid would be the new coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. The contract wasn't signed until the evening, and the Chiefs chose not to schedule a post-10PM or weekend news conference. But they held one Monday at Arrowhead Stadium in which owner Clark Hunt officially introduced the new head coach to the community.
Reid says he's evaluating the team and the assistant coaches. When it's all said and done, Reid says he wants to create the environment at Arrowhead Stadium that he was used to seeing as the visiting coach.
"It's tough. I can't wait to invite other teams to come in and be challenged by the Chiefs' kingdom," says Reid. "It's a great environment."
The next major order of business for Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt is to name a general manager, who will take over for the departed Scott Pioli.