Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue January 8, 2013
New Chiefs Coach Introduced To KC
The Kansas City Chiefs introduced Andy Reid yesterday as the new head coach. Reid has hit the ground running since he arrived in Kansas City.
The announcement came Friday that Andy Reid would be the new coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. The contract wasn't signed until the evening, and the Chiefs chose not to schedule a post-10PM or weekend news conference. But they held one Monday at Arrowhead Stadium in which owner Clark Hunt officially introduced the new head coach to the community.
Reid says he's evaluating the team and the assistant coaches. When it's all said and done, Reid says he wants to create the environment at Arrowhead Stadium that he was used to seeing as the visiting coach.
"It's tough. I can't wait to invite other teams to come in and be challenged by the Chiefs' kingdom," says Reid. "It's a great environment."
The next major order of business for Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt is to name a general manager, who will take over for the departed Scott Pioli.