Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Tue August 12, 2014
Nelson-Atkins Envisions Creation Of Cultural District
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art has unveiled plans for a bold expansion. The museum is talking about greater green spaces, walkways, and more sculptures as part of a gleaming cultural district. The new district would extend a mile in every direction from Oak Street and Emanuel Cleaver Boulevard. It’s a huge statement that could carry some pain as pieces of nearby historic neighborhoods would vanish to make way for this new vision. On Tuesday's Up to Date, the museum director and chief operating officer join Steve Kraske to lay out their vision.
- Museum director Julián Zugazagoitia is the director of Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- Karen Christiansen is COO of Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.