Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Thu February 16, 2012
Nature In The City: Woodcocks & Chorus Frogs
On this Thursday's Central Standard, a closer look at Nature in the City, from the courtship displays of Woodcocks (a.k.a. Timberdoodles) to the sounds of Western Chorus Frogs.
Enjoy our look at nature this time of year with our guests Larry Rizzo, natural history biologist, and Joe Werner, biologist and urban ecologist.
Listener Dave Tanner solved our Nature in the City Quiz first, correctly identifying the Green-Tailed Towhee we posted to Facebook. He's now our official Central Standard Bird Watcher of the Month.
What’s been going on outside your window? What mysterious critters have you pondered over, or found in unexpected places, during this calm winter? Leave us a comment below, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
THIS BIRD HAS GOT THE MOVES:
Enjoy our new favorite nature video, starring the mating dance of a male Woodcock.