Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon February 9, 2009
My Two Cents: Sherry Leedy
KCUR News is taking a look at how the recession is affecting members of our community. As part of an occasional segment called My Two Cents, we stopped in to talk to Sherry Leedy, director of Sherry Leedy Contemporary Art in the Crossroads Arts District as she was getting ready for a First Friday.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The district formalized First Friday art openings just after 9-11 to draw more people to the shops and galleries. Leedy says she's noticed a decline in the art market, and her gallery had its first ever art sale, but she says she remains optimistic about support for the arts, even in hard times.
Sherry Leedy, director of Sherry Leedy Contemporary Art Gallery, spoke with KCUR's Laura Spencer.
Download recent arts stories/interviews or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast
KCUR would like to hear from YOU. Are you changing the way you live because of the recession? Tell us how the economic climate has affected you, or your business. Join the discussion here.