Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon October 25, 2010
MU Moves Up in Football Rankings
Columbia, MO – After its Saturday night victory over Oklahoma, the University of Missouri football team moved up in the football rankings.
The Missouri Tigers are now ranked seventh in the Associated Press poll. More importantly, sixth in the BCS poll because that's the one that determines the national championship
When the cannon fired after the final second, the Tigers beat Oklahoma for the first time in the Gary Pinkel 10-year coaching era.
"You know you gotta do it and we did it. OK? We did it. And, hopefully, it gives us a lot of confidence as we continue this season," said Pinkel.
Only a few of those on the field for the celebration would have been around the last time the Tigers started the season 7--0 in 1960.
This season, MU is one of only seven unbeaten teams left in major college football.
The Tigers next game is this Saturday against 14th ranked Nebraska in Lincoln.