Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri May 24, 2013
Movie Critics: Your Guide To Movie Releases In May
It’s another summer of sequels!
With the release of Iron Man 3, The Hangover Part III, and Fast & Furious 6, it looks like Hollywood is attempting to once again attract people with the familiar and the established.
The movie critics, Russ Simmons, John Tibbetts, and Alan Rapp, discuss their favorite sequels, as well as the movies that never got a sequel, but deserve one (John Carter, anyone?).
They also discuss the recent closing of the Screenland Crossroads and its impact on the midnight movie scene.
Opened on May 3:
Iron Man 3 --- 3.5 Stars
Opened on May 10:
The Great Gatsby --- 2.5 Stars
The Reluctant Fundamentalist --- 3.5 Stars
Renoir --- 4 Stars
Opened on May 17:
Star Trek Into Darkness --- 3 Stars
The Iceman --- 3.5 Stars
Kon Tiki --- 3.5 Stars
In The House --- 5 Stars
Opened on May 24:
Fast & Furious 6 --- 3 Stars
The Hangover Part III --- 3 Stars