Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Fri May 24, 2013
Movie Critics: Your Guide To Movie Releases In May
It’s another summer of sequels!
With the release of Iron Man 3, The Hangover Part III, and Fast & Furious 6, it looks like Hollywood is attempting to once again attract people with the familiar and the established.
The movie critics, Russ Simmons, John Tibbetts, and Alan Rapp, discuss their favorite sequels, as well as the movies that never got a sequel, but deserve one (John Carter, anyone?).
They also discuss the recent closing of the Screenland Crossroads and its impact on the midnight movie scene.
Opened on May 3:
Iron Man 3 --- 3.5 Stars
Opened on May 10:
The Great Gatsby --- 2.5 Stars
The Reluctant Fundamentalist --- 3.5 Stars
Renoir --- 4 Stars
Opened on May 17:
Star Trek Into Darkness --- 3 Stars
The Iceman --- 3.5 Stars
Kon Tiki --- 3.5 Stars
In The House --- 5 Stars
Opened on May 24:
Fast & Furious 6 --- 3 Stars
The Hangover Part III --- 3 Stars