Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Wed December 17, 2008
Morrison Cleared: No Criminal Case Against Ex-AG
Olathe, KS – Criminal allegations against former Kansas Attorney General Paul Morrison are baseless. Special prosecutors say there is no merit to accusations that Morrison called a "political vendetta."
Morrison resigned in January 2008 after an affair he'd had with an employee became public. The woman,Linda Carter,alleged Morrison tried to use her position with her later-employer, Phill Kline to damage Kline's anti abortion activities. Morrison had defeated Kline in 2006 to become attorney general. Carter worked for both men at various times.
Trey Pettlon III is Morrison's lawyer. He likens the whole series of episodes to a bad movie, "There's a lot of bizarre factors, when you consider that the party that is making the allegations is the political foe of my client. And allegations are initially leaked to a newspaper."
The upshot is, Morrison will not face criminal charges for actions during the sex scandal that ended his political career. He is now in private practice of law in Olathe, Ks.