Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Wed November 28, 2012
Missouri House Elects New Speaker
One chief priority for Republicans this year: finding ways to spur economic development, so that Missouri can keep up with Kansas when it comes attracting businesses.
For the first time since the Civil War era, Republicans will be operating with huge super-majorities in the House and Senate that will allow them to override vetoes from Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon without the help of minority Democrats.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Jones about jobs, border wars and tax cuts, and the Missouri General Assembly's upcoming session.