Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Wed November 28, 2012
Missouri House Elects New Speaker
One chief priority for Republicans this year: finding ways to spur economic development, so that Missouri can keep up with Kansas when it comes attracting businesses.
For the first time since the Civil War era, Republicans will be operating with huge super-majorities in the House and Senate that will allow them to override vetoes from Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon without the help of minority Democrats.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Jones about jobs, border wars and tax cuts, and the Missouri General Assembly's upcoming session.