Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Wed November 28, 2012
Missouri House Elects New Speaker
One chief priority for Republicans this year: finding ways to spur economic development, so that Missouri can keep up with Kansas when it comes attracting businesses.
For the first time since the Civil War era, Republicans will be operating with huge super-majorities in the House and Senate that will allow them to override vetoes from Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon without the help of minority Democrats.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Jones about jobs, border wars and tax cuts, and the Missouri General Assembly's upcoming session.