Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Mon October 6, 2008
Missouri Beats Nebraska On The Road
Lincoln, NE – The University of Kansas and Missouri football teams began their Big 12 schedules over the weekend with road victories. It was especially sweet for the Missouri Tigers. They picked up their first victory in Lincoln, Nebraska, since 1978. But MU didn't leave without some parting shots.
KCUR's Greg Echlin explains.
- - - - -
As the Nebraska fans filed into Memorial Stadium, inside the Missouri Tigers were taking the field for their pre-game warmups. It was then when MU quarterback Chase Daniel says he was rudely welcomed
Chase Daniel: Walking out before pre-game, I got spit on. I've never really done that before, yeah, by a player. A Nebraska player. I'm not going to say who it was. He knows who he is and I think that's bush league.
Once the game started Daniel says the unsportsmanlike conduct continued. He called the Huskers one of the dirtiest teams he has played. The Tigers won convincingly, however, 52-17. In the weekly Associated Press poll released yesterday, the Tigers moved up from fourth to third in the nation.