Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Around the Nation
Tue March 27, 2012
Misbehaving Parents Ruin Easter Egg Hunt
Originally published on Tue March 27, 2012 6:27 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. This year's Easter egg hunt in Colorado Springs has been canceled due to past bad behavior - by parents. Too many adults have jumped a rope line and gone into the kids area to dive for eggs, and organizers said things just got out of control. One offender defended himself, telling the Associated Press, quote, "You better believe I'm going to help my kid get one of those eggs. I promised my kid an Easter egg hunt and I'd want to give him an even edge." You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.