Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue August 7, 2012
Meet The Ukesters
It's lightweight, inexpensive, and fun to play, with a sound that's both deeply sentimental and incredibly silly. Is there a more perfect instrument than the ukulele?
Our guests say that this YouTube video by Jake Shimabukuro helped the Ukulele go viral and become more popular than ever before. Our guests the KC Ukesters are 140 members strong and busy creating the next great YouTube sensation, and recently attended the Mighty Mo Ukulele Festival.
For today's show we'll be joined by Ukesters David Firman, Nancy Howell, Ken Kelly, Linda Tilton and Chuck Wilson for a live in studio performance.
The KC Ukesters next show will be August 10th, from 7 - 9 p.m. at the Great Day Cafe in Overland Park. More info.
You can also see the Ukesters perform popular songs from the 20's and 30's at the 1929 Speakers Series at Shawnee Town Museum, 11600 Johnson Drive, on Tuesday, August 14th at 7 p.m. This event is free & open to the public. Call (913) 248-2360 or visit their website for more info.