Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Thu February 14, 2013
The Love Hangover
In the world of music, so many songs center around one common subject: love. But for those who aren't singing the praises of romance, there are plenty of songs about the darker and more cynical side of love. Richard Alwyn joins Central Standard to share his favorite songs for the lonely heart and to talk about his live event, The Love Hangover.
Alwyn's annual musical performance, started by the Kansas City native, happens the day after Valentine's Day. Musicians gather and are required to play songs about love, whether that be the positive or negative side. The show is now performed in five cities, and the Kansas City show is Feb. 15th at the Record Bar.
The songs Alwyn picked as his favorite anti-love songs are listed below, and more listener picks are listed on our Facebook page.
When You Were Mine- Prince
I Don't Want Him-Nina Simone
Hallelujah- Leonard Cohen
Ain't No Sunshine- Bill Withers
Fake Plastic Trees- Radiohead
A Letter to Elise- The Cure