Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue February 21, 2006
Local Artists React to Sprint Center Commission
Kansas City's One Percent for Art Program sets aside one percent of construction costs to city buildings for public art. With the boom in downtown development, an estimated 3 million dollars will be spent on art. Last week, an advisory panel recommended New York based artist Chris Doyle to create work outside the Sprint Center arena. And local artists say they're not happy about major commissions getting outsourced.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The next Power and Light Entertainmment District 1% for Art Selection Panel Meeting takes place on March 29.
Short list for the Power and Light District:
Rie Egawa & Burgess Zbryk - Kansas City, Missouri
Electroland (Cameron McNall) - Los Angeles
Barbara Grygutis - Tucson, AZ
Mags Harries & Lajos Heder - Cambridge, MA
Helmick & Schechter (Ralph Helmick) - Newton, MA
May Tveit - Kansas City, Missouri
Janet Zweit - New York