Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Sun July 15, 2012
KU Med's Future As A Cancer Center
Millions of dollars and years of dedicated effort finally paid off for KU Med Center. On Thursday, July 12, it achieved designation as a National Cancer Institute (NCI) cancer center.
If you're wondering how this new designation will affect KU Med, or what this might mean for cancer research and treatments, join the conversation: call 816 235 2888 during the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Tweet us @KCURUptoDate, or join KCUR's Facebook discussion.
Roy A. Jensen, M.D. is a Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Director at the University of Kansas Cancer Center, in the Division of Cancer and Developmental Biology.