Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Sun July 15, 2012
KU Med's Future As A Cancer Center
Millions of dollars and years of dedicated effort finally paid off for KU Med Center. On Thursday, July 12, it achieved designation as a National Cancer Institute (NCI) cancer center.
If you're wondering how this new designation will affect KU Med, or what this might mean for cancer research and treatments, join the conversation: call 816 235 2888 during the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Tweet us @KCURUptoDate, or join KCUR's Facebook discussion.
Roy A. Jensen, M.D. is a Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Director at the University of Kansas Cancer Center, in the Division of Cancer and Developmental Biology.