Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Tue May 14, 2013
KU Basketball Signs Top High School Recruit
The prospects for next season's Kansas Jayhawks' basketball season got a huge boost Tuesday.
Andrew Wiggins, the consensus pick as the nation's top-ranked high school basketball player signed a letter-of-intent to play for KU.
Wiggins is a 6-foot-7 forward who can score. He grew up in Canada, but spent last season at Huntington Prep in West Virginia.
Wiggins chose KU over Kentucky, Florida State and North Carolina.
He announced his decision in a private gathering in West Virginia, one day before the deadline to sign a letter-of-intent this spring.