Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Thu April 12, 2012
Kohn: A Storyteller Is Born From His Own Story
At eight-years-old Kohn Ashmore was hit by a car and spent five months in a coma. Because of the accident he moves and speaks... very slowly... but he experiences the world at the same speed as the rest of us. For freelance radio producer Andy Mills, their friendship developed even faster.
In the second half of this Thursday's Central Standard, we welcome Kohn and Andy and the story of how their friendship developed. We’ll hear Andy’s award-winning radio story about Kohn, with music from Hudson Branch.
Plus, we hear from Kohn himself. Since having his story told, Kohn now wants to work behind the scenes in radio. We'll hear what he's working on now.
Andy and Kohn's story was adapted for WNYC's RadioLab. Take a listen --