Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Thu July 31, 2008
Kemper At The Crossroads Opens November 7
Kemper at the Crossroads will be located at 19th and Baltimore, at the former site of the Dolphin Gallery, which has moved to the West Bottoms.
The Kemper's Director and CEO Rachel Blackburn Cozad says the new space will be used for administrative functions and exhibitions, with a focus on emerging artists. Cozad describes some of the renovations: "There is one major primary gallery...we'll be blowing that out and making it as big of an exhibition space as possible."
Other changes include the creation of a "flex space" for exhibitions and events with a small lobby connecting the two spaces, and a new entryway off 19th Street.
The first exhibition is a sculptural video installation by Texas-based artists Jeff Shore and Jon Fisher and it opens November 7, on a First Friday in the Crossroads.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast