Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue November 3, 2009
Kemper ARTcast: Interview With Artist Keltie Ferris
Chris Cook, executive director/curator of the Salina Art Center and former curator of the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, interviews artist Keltie Ferris about her first solo museum exhibition "Keltie Ferris: Man Eaters."
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, MO – "Keltie Ferris: Man Eaters"
October 23, 2009-February 13, 2010
Kemper at the Crossroads
From the Kemper's website: "Keltie Ferris is a postdigital painter...Her quick, gestural marks, hard-edged forms, and diaphanous passages of sprayed oil paint demonstrate rigorous investigations of spatial illusion, color, and surface texture...And, with titles such as "Jobriath" (the first openly gay pop star) and "Lady Stardust" (David Bowie's 1972 hit), our minds are punctuated with a broad range of associations from identity politics to pop-culture icons."