Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon April 4, 2011
Kemper ARTcast: ArtReach
A collaborative project between the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art and the Center for Child Health and Development at the University of Kansas Medical Center, ArtReach is a program for kids with or without developmental disabilities. Drew Bolton checks in on a session.
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, Mo. – From the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art's website: "The objective of ArtReach is to provide opportunities for self-expression and communication through the visual arts. Each hands-on workshop is designed for a particular age group and relates to specific works of art on view. Participants will learn how to work with different media and gain knowledge of elements of art while being introduced to a specific artist's work and his or her inspiration. Students will create an original work of art based on the skills learned in the workshop."
Produced in collaboration with KCUR 89.3 FM, Kemper ARTcasts is the Kemper Museum's podcast series. This project brings the voices and insights of artists, as well as community and curatorial voices, to a broad range of listeners.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast