KCUR Morning Newscast 3-7-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 45 sec)
- Kansas City Missouri police seized over 20 pounds of marijuana and made more than 70 arrests in a statewide narcotics bust this week.
- A bill that would create a database for purchases of pseudo-ephedrine and similar drugs passed the Missouri House on Thursday by an 84 to 69 vote, one of the closest of the 2008 session.
- Air Force officials are expected to sit down with Boeing executives today to explain the decision to award a tanker contract to French manufacturer Airbus.
- The attorney for councilman Bill Skaggs and another citizen challenging the Kansas City Council over its extension of City Manager Wayne Cauthen's contract says he hopes the state Supreme Court will hear the case on first appeal.
- Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt is setting up a commission to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.