Most Active Stories
Thu March 6, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 3-6-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 30 sec)
- After being censured by council members and community leaders for trying to terminate City Manager Wayne Cauthen, Mayor Mark Funkhouser said he would not challenge the city council's desire to keep Cauthen. But a court decision upholding the contract extension will be challenged.
- Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius is promising to veto an energy bill that could be headed to her desk as early as Thursday.
- Kansas City Power and Light is rejecting calls that Missouri regulators take a closer look at its decision to delay construction of a second wind farm.
- The Missouri Supreme Court on Wednesday heard arguments in a case involving a health insurance law passed last year that also allows certified midwives to practice in the state.
- A soldier claims his promotion was blocked by Fort Riley's commanding general because of a lawsuit alleging violations of religious freedom.