KCUR Morning Newscast 3-3-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 42 sec)
- The Kansas City School District will be allowed to keep some money directed to charter schools.
- Kansas City school officials and area business leaders are pushing for a high-tech high school.
- A bill in the Missouri House would provide state tax breaks for companies involved in biotechnology research and development.
- As part of Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, the Kansas Cancer Partnership is launching a media campaign urging people to get screened for the deadly disease.
- The Kansas City Art Institute this weekend celebrated the opening of the Ken Ferguson Teaching Collection Room. It's named for the late ceramic artist Ken Ferguson, who served as chairman of the ceramics department at the Art Institute for more than 30 years.