KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines
- Kansas City Mayor Mark Funkhouser is holding a summit today with other area mayors to push his regional light rail plan.
- The National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest Hispanic advocacy group, announced it will hold its 2009 convention in Chicago instead of Kansas City. The move came after the appointment of controversial parks board member Frances Semler.
- Republicans in the Kansas House and Senate are introducing bills aimed at punishing illegal immigrants and the employers who hire them.
- The Missouri House unanimously approved 15 million dollars for a new pharmacy and nursing complex at UMKC.
- Missouri Governor Matt Blunt is backing a bill to help homeowners out with their property taxes.
- The Kansas City, Missouri city council made some additions to its lobbying plans in Jefferson City and Washington.