Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed July 7, 2010
KCUR Morning News 7-7-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Missouri Governor Jay Nixon wants to wrap up the special legislative session this week. But a leading Republican in the Missouri Senate says that won't happen.
A federal judge in Nebraska has granted a motion to temporarily block enforcement of the state's ban on flag mutilation, saying the law is "almost certainly unconstitutional."
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon outlawed the marijuana-like substance known as "K2" on Tuesday.
A trial is under way in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the wife of a Shawnee man who suffered a fatal accident while riding a privately owned bus for Kansas State sports fans.
A top official with the Veterans Administration system says he'll tap a three-member panel to thoroughly investigate concerns that dentistry sterilization lapses at the St. Louis VA may have exposed nearly 2,000 veterans to HIV and hepatitis viruses.
Authorities say a 4-year-old Missouri girl missing for more than 24 hours has been found alive more than 70 miles from home.