Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed July 27, 2011
KCUR Morning News 7-27-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Missouri Senate subcommittee heard testimony at the Capitol from state officials who handle disaster response.
Kansas officials say they were just being cautious when they closed a 25-mile stretch of heavily traveled Interstate 70 for more than nine hours because of a suspicious vehicle.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is seeking extension of a federal program covering most of the cost of removing debris from the May tornado in Joplin.
The federal prosecutor's office in Kansas City has been chosen as one of six nationwide to lead a new initiative to fight human trafficking.