Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Wed May 11, 2011
KCUR Morning News 5-11-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lawmakers have passed a bill that would require some Missourians on public assistance to undergo drug testing.
Legislation allowing Missouri taxpayers to donate part of their tax refunds to support foster care and adoptions is heading to Missouri Governor Jay Nixon.
Lt. Governor Peter Kinder is opposing legislation that would tweak term limits for Missouri lawmakers.
The Missouri Senate approved legislation that moves the state's 2012 presidential primary to March 6th.
Budget negotiators have made big strides over the last two days, but that's not enough to end the legislative session on schedule.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is getting a $1 million donation from the Sprint Foundation as it tries to become a federally designated National Cancer Institute.
The New York Yankees beat the Kansas City Royals last night 3-1.