Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue April 26, 2011
KCUR Morning News 4-26-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A new report suggests that moving toward a 401(k)-style plan for Kansas teachers and government workers could make it harder for the state's public pension system to eliminate its long-term funding problems.
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has directed the transportation department to start work on a plan to add rumble strips on the Douglas County part of a busy highway.
The rising cost of gasoline is affecting crime-fighting efforts in Topeka to some extent, according to Topeka Police Chief Ron Miller.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture is warning Kansas restaurant owners to be aware of a new type of scam phone call.
Missouri's lieutenant governor is without his Ford Flex crossover vehicle after someone stole it, rammed it into a gun shop and set it on fire.