Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue April 26, 2011
KCUR Morning News 4-26-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A new report suggests that moving toward a 401(k)-style plan for Kansas teachers and government workers could make it harder for the state's public pension system to eliminate its long-term funding problems.
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has directed the transportation department to start work on a plan to add rumble strips on the Douglas County part of a busy highway.
The rising cost of gasoline is affecting crime-fighting efforts in Topeka to some extent, according to Topeka Police Chief Ron Miller.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture is warning Kansas restaurant owners to be aware of a new type of scam phone call.
Missouri's lieutenant governor is without his Ford Flex crossover vehicle after someone stole it, rammed it into a gun shop and set it on fire.