Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Fri April 10, 2009
KCUR Morning News 4-10-09
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – A University of Kansas study has found that some companies received an average 22,000 percent return on lobbying expenses as a one-time tax break.
Vending machines in schools could be getting healthier. Missouri House members approved a bill setting nutrition requirements for food and drinks sold in public schools.
Missouri's Agriculture Director says he'll review a practice that allows dogs taken from unfit breeders to go to auction rather than shelters.
A third north central Kansas man has been sentenced for his role in a drunken, small-town, 2007 high school graduation party where an African-American student was tied-up and taunted with racial slurs.
A Kansas City-area homebuilder has pleaded guilty in a $12.6 million mortgage fraud conspiracy.
Outfielder Coco Crisp connected on a two-run homerun in the ninth inning yesterday to lead the Kansas City Royals to a 2-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox.