Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed March 2, 2011
KCUR Morning News 3-2-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A court ordered investigation leads a Jackson County Circuit Judge to close a controversial Kansas City funeral home, calling Marts Memorial Services a risk to the public interest.
A Johnson County racing school and its founder are accused of deceptive and unconscionable acts related to the sale of racing packages.
An effort to repeal a Kansas law that gives illegal immigrants a tuition break has passed the House, but may face a challenge in the Senate.
Kansas Republican House Speaker Mike O'Neal of Hutchinson is defending the Legislature's speedy action on bills addressing social issues such as abortion, as opposed to its actions on the state's economy.
Legislation that would bar Missouri's minimum wage from exceeding the federal level has received first-round approval in the State House.