Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon October 11, 2010
KCUR Morning News 10-11-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Kansas City police are investigating the death of a woman who was shot and killed outside a bar.
The Samuel Rodgers Health Center has received an 8 million federal grant. The money will go toward building a new $25 million facility, allowing the community health center to help 7,500 new patients.
A Johnson County sports club has changed its rules and will allow a 36-year-old dad who uses a wheelchair to continue coaching his second-grade son's football team without another adult standing nearby.
The Kansas State Fair drew more than 350,000 visitors this year. Fair Manager Denny Stoecklein said Friday that attendance this year was the best since 1998.
The Kansas Chiefs suffered their first loss this season, 19-9, against Indianapolis. The Chiefs were the NFL's last unbeaten team before the weekend.