Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri January 28, 2011
KCUR Morning News 1-28-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – South Kansas City is finally home to a safety net health clinic.
Two bills have been filed in the Missouri House that would raise the state's tax on cigarettes, which is currently the lowest in the nation at 17 cents a pack.
The sponsor of legislation that would require drug tests for some Missouri welfare recipients is disputing how much the proposal would cost.
A bill introduced by Democrats in the Kansas Legislature would focus on employers as a way to reduce illegal immigration.
Former KU associate athletic director Charlette Blubaugh has admitted her part in an alleged conspiracy with her husband and others to scalp tickets.