Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Fri January 20, 2012
KCMO City Council Reacts To Proposed City Budget
Kansas City, Missouri City Manager Troy Schulte’s recently proposed budget recommendations for 2012 include a number of cuts, most notably a reduction of more than 100 positions in the fire department. On Wednesday, Fire Chief Smokey Dyer told the City Council’s public safety committee that the proposed cuts would violate national fire safety standards.
In the first portion of Friday's Up to Date, KCMO City Council member Scott Wagner and Kansas City Star editorial board member Yael Abouhalkah discuss Schulte’s proposed cuts, the budgeting process, and other issues facing the council, including setting up a special transportation district to help fund a streetcar system.