Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed October 21, 2009
KCK Teen Found Guilty Of Murder
Kansas City, MO – After a week long trial in Wyandotte County District Court, an 18 year old Kansas City Kansan has been found guilty of murdering a younger teenage boy.
A jury found Patricio Briseno guilty of first degree murder in the February shooting southwest of Kansas City Kansas' downtown district.
Bullets killed 13 year old Central Middle School student Ricardo Zamora and wounded another teenager. Investigators thought the shooting was a result of violent gang interplay and rivalries.
Young Zamora was shot in the head in the afternoon attack at 11th and Splitlog, close to Pearson Elementary. Another man, 18 year old Juan Lopez was found not guilty in the same attack.
Briseno is expected to be sentenced in early December and could receive a life sentence.