Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Thu August 6, 2009
KC Trolley-Bus Plan Revived
Kansas City, MO – The proposal for rubber-tired trolleys transporting people through Kansas City's various entertainment districts from the River Market to Waldo is back, in a scaled-down version.
The original plan involved a $400,000 loan from the city and daytime and evening operation. But the contractor had concerns about profitability, so the new plan is for a $200,000 loan and nighttime operation only.
Bill Nigro of the Westport Business League says the plans are firmly in place for an opening by Spring. "We plan to take our time and make sure that we launch this in a proper way," he told the committee.
Nigro says the group hopes to start a daytime run among various cultural attractions after the trolleys are up and running.