Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue May 29, 2012
KC Makes Yet Another Worst-Dressed List
Just in time for summer shopping, Kansas Citians have the opportunity to rid themselves of the scourge of being ranked on at least two worst-dressed lists.
Travel + Leisure magazine named Kansas City, Mo. the tenth worst-dressed U.S. city in its June issue.
The magazine writes:
"America's No. 1 city for barbecue does not a fashionista make. Kansas City residents are among some of our nation's friendliest, and they can school anyone and everyone about the intricacies of grilling, but it looks like they're lost when it comes to putting together an outfit."
Number one on the list is Anchorage, Alaska, where, according to T+L, "residents teeter through the streets bundled as tightly as Randy, the kid brother in A Christmas Story."
KC came in at number 37 on GQ's list of 40 worst-dressed U.S. cities last July. So either Kansas Citians' t-shirts have gotten baggier and their khakis more pleated since then, or other cities are getting more fashionable.
Both lists seem to partially blame KC's fashion shortcomings on the barbecue. What do you think: Are residents sacrificing fashion plating for tailgating, or are local fashionistas just being overlooked?