Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu May 2, 2013
KC Hip-Hop Artist Les Izmore On Live Performing, KC Pride, Apples
During any given week, local hip-hop artist Les Izmore may be found free-styling in the Crossroads, fronting an 18 piece afro-beat/funk dance band, or opening for big acts coming through, like Kendrick Lamar and next week, Talib Kweli.
Izmore's work often references his love of Kansas City and the Midwest:
Izmore is now out with a new album, Heartfelt Anarchy--a friendly public radio warning, the album does contain explicit material. This is his second album, with the first one released five years ago. This new project involves the beats and production design of Kansas City-based D/Will.
Les Izmore speaks with about his childhood, his love of Granny Smith Apples and the hip hop culture of Kansas City.
Hearts of Darkness