Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri April 13, 2012
KC Fountains Turned On After Annual Ceremony
Many of the city's fountains were turned on Tuesday, following the annual Fountain Day celebration. The ceremony was held at the Marlborough Fountain, located at 79th and Paseo.
Residents came out to enjoy the waterworks, including at the popular J.C. Nichols Memorial in the Plaza area.
The City of Kansas City, Missouri Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for 47 local fountains. According to the Friends of the Fountains Fund, these cost about $168,000 a year in electricity to keep running.
Click on the photo above for a slideshow.