Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up to Date
Fri September 7, 2012
Kansas Native Karrin Allyson Returns To Prairie Village - For The Weekend
The Grammy-nominated artist was born in Great Bend, Ks., got her start in the Midwest, attending college in Nebraska where she studied classical piano. It was there that she began experimenting with the American Songbook and jazz. Seeking to expand her career, the Allyson moved to New York City in the late 1990s.
Friday on Up to Date, guest host Stephen Steigman sits down with Karrin Allyson to discuss her career, her influences, and her appreciation for jazz, and how she decides repertoire for gigs across the world.