Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Mon October 29, 2007
Photographer Ronnie Farley speaks about her book Cowgirls: Contemporary Portraits of the American West.
By Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, MO – Jan Lyons is a cattle producer from Manhattan, Kansas. Billie Franks, a rancher from Granola, Kansas, and an officer in the Women's Ranch Rodeo Association. The women talked about Ronnie Farley's photographs in the context of their own lives and how such images can help clear up misconceptions about what real cowgirls do.
In an interview from her office in New York, photographer Ronnie Farley told KCUR's Laura Ziegler that she found a common thread that connected the women she photographed for her book.