Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Wed July 25, 2012
Kansas City Youth Jazz
Pop, rock and rap might top the charts, but it’s good old Jazz that’s capturing the hearts of at least some of the new generation of area musicians.
In the first half of Thursday’s Central Standard – we'll take a look at KC Youth Jazz, a group that’s expanded into more than 50 schools around greater Kansas City. We’ll hear some music, talk concerts, appreciation, preservation – all that jazz with Musical Director and instructor Clarence Smith.
KC Youth Jazz will be offering a Summer Concert and BBQ on Sunday, July 29th in the Cafeteria at MCC-Penn Valley. Dinner begins at 5:00 pm with the concert at 6:00 pm. BBQ dinner tickets may be purchased at the door for $10 each. There is no charge to attend the concert. Enrollment for the fall 2012 session begins on Saturday, August 4, 2012. More info here.