Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed July 25, 2012
Kansas City Youth Jazz
Pop, rock and rap might top the charts, but it’s good old Jazz that’s capturing the hearts of at least some of the new generation of area musicians.
In the first half of Thursday’s Central Standard – we'll take a look at KC Youth Jazz, a group that’s expanded into more than 50 schools around greater Kansas City. We’ll hear some music, talk concerts, appreciation, preservation – all that jazz with Musical Director and instructor Clarence Smith.
KC Youth Jazz will be offering a Summer Concert and BBQ on Sunday, July 29th in the Cafeteria at MCC-Penn Valley. Dinner begins at 5:00 pm with the concert at 6:00 pm. BBQ dinner tickets may be purchased at the door for $10 each. There is no charge to attend the concert. Enrollment for the fall 2012 session begins on Saturday, August 4, 2012. More info here.