Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu March 27, 2014
Kansas City Streetcar Plan Calls For Termination At UMKC
News broke this week of a major development in the ongoing conversation about Kansas City’s plans for extending the planned streetcar line. The committee finalizing the plan announced it will not recommend extending the tracks south of the UMKC campus.
Now the expansion will go south only to UMKC and east along Linwood and Independence Avenues.
One group that has been vocal in opposition to the street extension through Brookside has been the Supporters of Modern Affordable Regional Transit KC (SMART KC). Sherry DeJanes, a representative of the group, joins Central Standard to share her reaction to the revelations that the streetcar will not be coming down the old trolley trail.
- Sherry DeJanes, represenative for SMARTKC