Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 22, 2013
Kansas City Heat Forecast To Moderate This Week
There is relief forecast for metro residents who sweltered through the last work week.
Normal temperatures this time of year in Kansas City range from 89 to 91 degrees.
The trend departs from the season of 2012.
Records show there were 11 days of 100 degrees or higher up to July 22 of last year. The highest at downtown airport was 107. Kansas City International was 106 degrees.
The moderation of the last full week of the month will give way in August to something like the first part of July, according to some meteorologists.
Sara Croke is President of the private forecasting firm, Weather or Not. August begins in mid to upper 90’s, she says, then slides to lesser need for air conditioning, “particularly toward the end of the month when we have another cool down and we go into the low 90s toward the end of the month, maybe a few days in the upper 80’s. That is a big difference to what we’ve been seeing in the last year.”
Croke likens the summer to a baby roller coaster with no big dips.
August rain patterns are expected to follow July, featuring very little rain.
Up to Date