Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Wed March 7, 2012
The Kansas City Collection
On this Tuesday's Central Standard, we'll look at a unique program that allows local corporations to support and enjoy the work of KC area artists.
The Kansas City Collection II will include work from 10-15 artists in a rotating program, professionally curated and assembled in the office spaces of participating businesses. Artists selected for the collection are guaranteed sales of their work, as these businesses will eventually select works to purchase for their permanent corporate collections. Current participants include Barkley, Gastinger Walker Hardin Architects, Husch Blackwell LLP, Inergy, Lockton Insurance, McCown Gordon and St. Luke’s Center for Neuroscience.
The program is managed by a group called the Collectors Fund. We'll speak with the fund's representatives, including Alexander "Sandy" Kemper, Co-founder and Chairman, and Erin Olm-Shipman, Collections Manager.