Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Fri December 4, 2009
Kansas Bioscience Park In Olathe: Part II
Olathe, Kansas – Now there are officially two centers under construction at the Kansas Bioscience Park in Olathe. The Kansas Bioscience Venture Accelerator officially broke ground this afternoon on a windy field adjacent to the K-State extension campus that will become The Olathe Innovation Center. Both are part of the Kansas Bioscience Park aimed at promoting the biosciences in the region.
The public-private Kansas Bioscience Authority plans for The Venture Accelerator to turn research into products and take those products to the market.
It's to be located next to an extension campus of K-State that officials hope will attract top level scientists in food safety, security, and animal health.
K-State Vice President Ron Trewyn, in remarks before assembled officials, said the new center will make academic research profitable: "We firmly believe research that goes on there will lead to innovation that will be accelerated and moved into the marketplace."
Both the Kansas Bioscience Park Venture Accelerator and the K-State Extension Olathe Innovation Campus are part of the Kansas Bioscience Park located on land donated by the city of Olathe.