Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu November 21, 2013
Is KanCare Working?
At the beginning of the year, Kansas launched KanCare, the first fully privatized managed care system for delivering Medicaid coverage. It was introduced as a way to cut costs, but some people are finding the cost-cutting is coming at expense of services.
On KCUR's news program KC Currents we discussed how well KanCare is meeting its goals and what plans there are to address concerns.
- Dr. Susan Mosier, director of Medicaid services at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Scott Brunner, senior analyst, Kansas Health Institute, and former state Medicaid director