Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu November 21, 2013
Is KanCare Working?
At the beginning of the year, Kansas launched KanCare, the first fully privatized managed care system for delivering Medicaid coverage. It was introduced as a way to cut costs, but some people are finding the cost-cutting is coming at expense of services.
On KCUR's news program KC Currents we discussed how well KanCare is meeting its goals and what plans there are to address concerns.
- Dr. Susan Mosier, director of Medicaid services at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Scott Brunner, senior analyst, Kansas Health Institute, and former state Medicaid director