Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Sun February 22, 2009
Jumping on the Orient Express
Guitarist Beau Bledsoe has become known to local music fans as one of the more open-minded and adventurous musicians in town. His resume already includes explorations of tango, flamenco and Western classical music. In his new project, Orient Express, the musical exploration continues further, as Beau Bledsoe collaborates with musicians from Turkey.
By Alex Smith
Kansas City, MO – This week, the guitarist stopped by the KCUR studio and brought along Turkish percussionist Sait Arat, violinist Sergio Reyes and bassist Jeff Harshbarger to talk with Alex Smith about their collaboration and give us a taste of what they've been working on.
They'll be performing as part of the 8-piece band Orient Express Sunday, March 1st at the All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church.