Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Cops & Crime
Thu June 28, 2012
Judge Orders File Release By Kansas City Catholic Hierarchy
Documents considered so sensitive they may not be photocopied must be turned over to a prosecutor by the Kansas City-St. Joseph Catholic Diocese.
The files deal with former cases alleging abuse by priests.
The Catholic Diocese had been reluctant to turn over data from its own investigations until ordered this week by Jackson County Circuit Judge John Torrence.
The Jackson County Prosecutor will take the information that is so touchy only a limited number of people may see it.
Investigations listed in the documents deal with examination of actions by six priests.
Bishop Robert Finn and his diocese go to trial in September on misdemeanor charges filed over the way they handled the case against a priest, Reverend Shawn Ratigan.
Ratigan awaits trial in state and federal courts on pornography allegations involving children.
The Judge’s orders include additional misdemeanor charges against the Bishop and the church realm he serves.