Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up To Date
Tue August 28, 2012
It's Official: UMKC Is 'Cool School'
As thousands of students make their way through an academic day at the University of Missouri - Kansas City, a dedicated group steadfastly works to make environmental improvements to the campus.
Those efforts paid off as UMKC was recognized by the Sierra Club as one of the top 50 "Cool Schools."
Wednesday on Up to Date, guest host Brian Ellison talks with UMKC Sustainability Coordinator Kaye Johnston to discuss the tough requirements the Sierra Club sets and how the University managed to improve from a ranking of 95th in 2010 to 50th in 2012. They also look at what sustainability means for UMKC and its commitment to future environmental improvements.