Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Mon March 5, 2012
It Is Like That
Some minor glitches in technology aren't enough to dampen the mood of reflection and relaxation, as Renee' features long-form music from Steve Roach's album "Journey of One."
For about three decades, Steve Roach has been experimenting with electronic and organic sounds and influences from cultures throughout the world. Over the past two decades, he has put an emphasis on rhythm patterns and instruments from various tribal cultures. His long-form pieces can be more than 30 minute-long "songs," featuring a sequences of movements which together form something closer to a story or journey for the listener.
Roach has been extremely prolific and influential in the realm of experimental/ambient music. Known for his eager support of other experimental musicians, he has released more than 75 solo and collaborative works since the release of his first album in 1982. "Journey of One" is a 2011 release of a live performance recorded in 1996 in Sacramento, CA.
To hear a sample from "Journey of One," as well as songs from a few other artists featured on this week's program, check out the videos below, via Youtube.