Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon May 4, 2009
Israeli Martial Arts In Lenexa
Lenexa, KS – If the words "martial arts" makes you think of the flying acrobatics in a movie like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, then the Krav Maga and Fitness Center in Lenexa might change your mind. Krav Maga is the official hand-to-hand combat method of the Israeli military but in recent years, it's also become popular around the world for self-defense and fitness training. Alex Smith went the training center to find out why its practitioners swear it's the most intense workout in the world.
Hear from Krav Maga instructor Benny Cohen and the center's owner and head instructor Steve Woolridge.